Saturday 4 September 2010

Teds first kill.




Ted had been annoying the girls since we got back from our walk this morning. They wanted to sleep, and he wanted to lavish Teddy love on them. Poor Madge had tried all the usual tricks, like cleaning his ears and eyes, which usually sends him off into lala land, and Pie gave in and played with the ragger for a while, but Ted wanted them out in the garden with the football, and it just wasn't going to happen. Eventually the girls went to bed, I got on with some stuff, and the boy wandered off. He then found a plastic carrier bag, took it out into the garden, and pranced about with it, looking very effeminate, in a second rate tranny, who wouldn't even be welcome in one of Brightons seedier clubs, kind of way. I'll admit I did have a very brief awwwwwwwwwwww isn't he sweet moment, but mainly I was happy that he was happy, and had found something to occupy him, that didn't involve pain being inflicted on another living being. I left him to it, and started tidying up. After about ten minutes I called him to come in, and he ignored me, so I called him again, and he started barking. I was getting a bit fed up, because although he is without a doubt, the most stubborn of the four Spins Ive had live with me, he's always been pretty good at basic commands. So out I go to have words with him, and find him sat down barking, looking scared, and obviously very upset by something. Then I spotted the mutilated Poundland bag he'd taken outside to play with. In fairness to the boy the gentle breeze that was blowing into what was left of the bag, did make it look like it was writhing in it's death throes, whilst taking it's last gasps, but the reality of his first kill, was clearly far too much for Ted to cope with. He cuddled up with the Mafia, who were still snoring, completely oblivious that Ted is a dismal failure in the Don department.

6 comments:

  1. Mitch is a big baby when it come to writhing plastic bags too! Poor Ted!
    Your profile picture is fabulous! We love it!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That photograph is of a wonderful Spinone puppy called Dooza, who I didn't get to hug for nearly long enough, and his very first girlfriend, Sprout the hen.
    I've been reading your blog, and got to say your dad makes wonderful furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this blog, all us Facebook fans with nonie's are reading it! I read it for the first time in a silent waiting room last night full of people, I have to say I wasn't laughing but my shoulders were going up and down a lot and a couple of snorts came out, I had to stop reading as I was starting to laugh silently so much, I think it actually helped my blood pressure! :o)

    Also just incase you are interested we have made a nonie calendar and all money goes towards nonie rehome www.italianspinonegifts.com in case you wanted something to brighten your day! We could have done with a few of your pics on it, brilliant! Thank you for putting smiles on faces!

    Pip (mother of one nonie, soon to be 2, pup coming next March, I need to build up to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. |Funny! Bailey, my soon to be 4yr old Nonie is scared of carrierbags!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip, thank you for the nice stuff.Smiles are good.A spin baby in March eh? No advice, except get used to waiting rooms. The out of hours psychiatric services will be your lifeline :O)I'll look at the link tomorrow, because nurse says it's time for my medication now.

    Fiona,he's got over his bag phobia now, and often gets one from the kitchen and carries it around like a blankey.The Hyacinth Bucket in me, always says, not the Poundland one Ted, get the Ocado bag, in case anyone calls in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing at the psycho services I thin kI need them, 4 fish and one chicken died last week nothing to do with my nonie but did catch him trying to get the pot of fish food off the mantlepiece!

    Thanks for the blog, always makes me laugh! :o)

    ReplyDelete